JOIN THE SYMPOSIUM
“SPORTS IN PRISON. A STEP TOWARDS REHABILITATION?”
15 DECEMBER 2022 – bel.brussels
We are excited to invite you to the closing symposium of the Sports in Prison, a Plan for the Future (SPPF) project.
‘Sports in Prison, a Plan for the Future’ is an Erasmus + project that focuses on the development of good sports programmes with a stronger connection between the ‘outside world’ and the world inside the prison walls.
The past three years, our collaborative partnership has been working hard to better understand sports programs in prisons, and in particular how these programs can contribute to social integration.
During the symposium the results of the SPPF project will be presented to an international audience. The results include the research publications, as well as the development, testing and implementation of the learning areas and the evaluation thereof. In addition, time will be made to present the toolkit and policy recommendations. The symposium will integrate interactive methods to provide information to the participants, and actively involve them to hear their perspective about the project results.
- Morning session (9h30 – 12h30)
- Gunter Gehre (President of De Rode Antraciet vzw)
- Introduction Sports in Prison. A plan for the Future.
- Bloeme van Roemburg (supervisor SPPF project – De Rode Antraciet vzw)
- Keynote speakers:
- Prof.dr. Tom Daems (LINC-KU Leuven)
- Dr. Haydn Morgan (University of Bath, UK)
- Presentation of the SPPF project results
- Prof.dr. Marc Theeboom (VUB) & Camilla di Concini (UISP)
- Afternoon session (13h30 – 16h45):
- Interactive workshops
- Panel debate:
- Bob Van den Broeck (AG Justice and Enforcement Agency)
- Marjolein van Poppel (Sport Vlaanderen)
- Rudy Van De Voorde (DG Belgian Prison Administration)
- Marie-Anne de Groot (Branch manager PI Veenhuizen, NL)
- Prof.dr. Marc Theeboom (SASO-VUB) (moderator)
- Closing word: Yves Le Lostecque (Head of Unit EACEA – EC)
- Justice, Prison and probation professionals
- Policy makers (local, national, European)
- Social and advocacy organisations
- Sports federations, clubs and organisations
- Education and research
PRACTICALS & REGISTRATION
- The symposium will take place on 15 December 2022 at bel.brussels (https://bel.brussels).
- The speakers will communicate in English and Dutch. Translation will be available.
- Final information will be sent a week before the symposium.
- Feel free to share this information with others in your network
- NO REGISTRATION FEE.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the symposium!